Saturday, August 22, 2009

Finally

There doesn't seem to be too much of an upset that I haven't updated this blog but that's ok, I've decided that I do this blog as apart of my therapy and not to please or entertain anyone else. Maybe one of these days I will have money to invest into the internet in the home but I'm too busy anyway. One would ask what is consuming my time and I will tell you, wedding plans!!!!!!!! Don't worry, I haven't gone on an alcoholic binge, ended waking up with a ring on my finger, I'm referring to my brothers marriage. I just want to say that I HATE WEDDINGS!!!!!! What a waste of time! I don't care two stitches about a wedding and yet I seem to be in the center of this planning ceremony. To give you some examples of how much I hate weddings, here is a list of things that I would rather do than plan a wedding:
1. Take a hike up to the Y with Nazi Brown
2. Go a whole week without Dr. Pepper
3. Run a daycare for one day
4. Get on a treadmill for more than 30 minutes
5. Do Simon says with a pair of skates on
6. Crack open my rib cage
7. Be nice to everyone for one day
8. Have a tea & crumpet afternoon with John Miller
Good thing it will all be over in 22 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that Angelee & Raeanne have posted pics about the luchadora party but they didn't really say that much about it so let me have the honor of picking apart a bunch of middle aged crazies that think it is appropriate to dress in spandex and capes. I am happy that Raeanne suggested doing this, I think that she and I should go into the party planning business. The evening was definitely filled with laughs, especially when Pilar put on her little costume. Nothing short of two geniuses could have come up with such a magnanimous outfit. Thanks Raeanne. I'm also glad that I could be of assistance to Rob. Unfortunately the banners that we wanted to put up were too high for Rob, Raeanne and I and so I was on my hands & knees so that Rob could do jumping jacks on my back :) I was also happy about the fact that everyone took their turn to wrestle, great entertainment.

Lindsey's Reception. It was nice to see Lindsey and Jennie again. The reception was a blast but I think that the funniest part of it was when Joshie, Olive and some other children were trying to get into Michael's pond (good thing you weren't there to see that Michael, you would have drowned them.)

Cal Skate. For Kaylee's birthday we went to Cal Skate, if you don't know Kaylee you will think that she just turned 10 but no, she just turned 25. I had to admit that I was rather skeptical but there were some laughs when I was attempting to roller skate (yes I know, there should be a weight limit so that the poor skates don't break down.) Let me tell you why its horrible to be chubby. I couldn't even get my own skates on, Kaylee and Sam had to help. After their hard work I only made it around the rink 3 times but I did manage to not fall. Overall I had a fun time. Thanks for inviting me Kaylee.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mikila. I am glad that you posted again. I love your pictures but please take off the one of me. It is nice to hear your rantings again.

LaNell Brown said...

We can hike the Y next time you are in town. You make it I will by you cafe rio and go to a football game:)

Cook Family said...

I am so jealous that you haves friends. I with I had some. sounds like you guys have some fun times. I miss you guys. And i miss cal skate!

The Barth Family Blog said...

It's about time you posted some pics! I had a great time planning the party too! Who should we honor next??