

Here on this glorious day, I want to recognize the birthday of one, Michael Robertson. When I think of Michael I think of Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. I find it so hard to find fault with him when he has me in hysterics 95% of the time and for that I'm grateful. Angelee is always telling me not to encourage him but I have to admit that I love doing just that.
Most of the experiences I have had with Michael have already been blogged about and so with the help of my comrades I was able to find a few things out about my good friend.
1. Poor Twinkle
The Robertsons used to have a dog named Twinkle. It was a cute little dog even though it liked to chew on used tampons but as Twinkle got older, she started to lose her eye sight. Apparently Michael enjoyed putting boxes out in front of Twinkle's path so that when she ran through the
house she would run right into the boxes, falling over. Michael, I can't wait to see what Twinkle says to you in the hereafter :) !
house she would run right into the boxes, falling over. Michael, I can't wait to see what Twinkle says to you in the hereafter :) !
2. How about a little peroxide?
Michael is very fashionable. He takes pride in being up to date on the latest trends but also likes separating himself from others in the clothing that he wears. Apparently when Michael had hair he wanted it to look perfect. I've been told that he would spend a substantial amount of time grooming his hair. This grooming included getting it blond by way of peroxide. He used to peroxide it over and over again so that he could have hair like Goldilocks. Well Michael, cheer up, now you don't have to worry about it anymore :)
3. I hate Michael Robertson
If someone would have told me 12 years ago that Michael and I were going to be friends I would have laughed in disbelief, here is why. One year when I was up at Ricks College I was going home for Christmas with Kevin and Josh. It was going to be a quick 9 hr drive home with no interruptions until Michael called Kevin and said that he was going to have to come get him in Provo because the cars were full there and Michael had neglected to secure himself a ride. I wasn't too thrilled to have to make a 4 hour detour but nevertheless I didn't really have a choice. I didn't hardly know Michael and so I didn't think he would really talk to me, I didn't have any idea what was in store!!! The whole ride home Michael made fun of Josh and I. Yes that is 10 uninterrupted hours of him teasing Josh and I. By the time I got out of the car I was ready to burst into tears. I ran inside the house, found my mother and yelled out to her as I started to sob, "I hate Michael Robertson and I hope that I never have to speak to him again!" Good thing I learned how to hold my own :) !
4. "If you could only understand my heat stroke!"
Back in the day before Pilar was married and Michael was working for Chris Craig they used to play nertz together. Apparently one day Michael had been working on a roof and nearly had a heat stroke. I'm going to wager that he had only drunk Dr. Pepper that day which dehydrates a person but there is no use in telling Michael that he needs to drink more water, he only argues with me about it. So he shows up to Angelee's, practically on all fours begging for ice cold water. He tells Angelee that he couldn't possibly play nertz because he can barely lift his head up. Finally he stated that he could play if he could lay down and just throw the cards out into the middle (POOR ANGELEE, HAD TO PICK THE CARDS UP AND PUT THEM ON THE RIGHT PILE.) At one point Angelee caught him with his eyes closed and he said, " give me a minute, I'm seeing spots." Angelee thought that he was so pathetic that she took a picture, it is the one that is on the top right. Way to milk it for all that its worth Michael!
Really Michael is wonderful. I'm grateful for his friendship. Michael, I wish that I could blow up a red balloon and shape it like a heart for you but I've realized that I'm not that close to the spirit :)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Michael. Today is also Scotty's birthday...and Michael Jackson's...hmmmm...I wonder if that means anything.
Post a Comment