Its been such a great week except for the part when I came home from camping, blew my nose and saw nothing but black & sand snot. Its true that I don't care to be dirty but the sacrifice was well worth it to go to Fort Bragg this week. The Lord knew that I needed a good week before I begin to immerse myself in wedding plans. You really find out about people when you go camping for example, I'm not the loudest person after lights out, (its true, I'm not!) Some people like to either show up late or leave early to avoid the tediousness of setting up and tearing down. I like to think of these people as a bunch of casino Indians but why am I talking, I came late and left early. I also found out that Becky Hancock may or may not be a better nertz player than I am (I commend you for playing with all of those other older people, you are definitely better than any of them.) And of course I want to thank Costco for making the Dr. Pepper packs of 32, for the convenience of not going all the way into town to get my fill. I enjoyed soaking up the 60 degree temperature and arguing with Josh about getting made fun of by Michael (he thinks it never happened, that's ok, block out the bad memories.) I stayed with the Hughes, they were a lot of fun, especially when Don & I made fun of Darwin (called him cupcake amongst other things.) My body probably didn't enjoy gaining 10 pounds from eating junk for 3 days but everything tasted great.The real crown of glory day was on Saturday. I want to thank Sam Hancock for researching a place for our small group to go to even though he ended up not coming. As the stars aligned in a most glorious fashion I watched BYU win a game that was predicted a 21 point favor for Oklahoma. What I have to say about that is, shove it, we won. It did help that Bradford got hurt but I have to admit that I was remarkably surprised when our defense looked like a defense. Some of you may have noticed that I removed Maxi Pad off of my hate list. I still think that he is an arrogant dipstick but I can't deny that his playing has improved. So thanks BYU for beating a 3rd ranked team, you made my day. It was nice to see old friends, dig glass out of my toes and play nertz until midnight.
6 comments:
It really was a great weekend Mikila...I am so glad that you came and that you let me play Nertz with you.
You are funny. I am disappointed you didn't eat any polish dogs and I thought you might leave maxi on the hate list for one more week just in case it was beginners luck:)
I would like to commend you on your blog. It was nicely done and certainly appropriate. I can see you are trying extra hard to be a good example to all around you. And no, you don't have to send me an email thanking me for thanking you. Just imagining the smile on your face is thanks enough for me!!!
Would you hurry up and get the freakin' internet?!?!?! I need more updates from you!!!
Mikila, Please update I want to know what you are doing and I do miss you!
hey thanks for the great day today! and P.S. your not much better than me at updating your blog!
Post a Comment