I didn't realize that I was going to wake up at 3 am laughing my head off. When I finally realized that sleep wasn't going to happen for me at 8 am I rolled out of bed with a splitting headache, abs and jaw were also hurting from laughing so much last evening.I've never been so happy to hang out with such a lively group before. Kaylee, Sam, Michael, Bushy, Joel and I decided to play Balderdash last night. I had no idea that it was going to turn into one of the funniest nights of my life. Everyone had a role to play and they did a first rate job. I found out a lot about my comrades and also about myself. Here is a run down of what happened.
I'm starting with Bushy because without her this game wouldn't have been so funny!
abbreviation: R.G.P.
Bushy's answer: Robert Gay Powell (the inventor of Balderdash)
word: piblockto
her answer: the crew you can hire to either teach you how pick locks or who will do it for you.
Don't worry Bush, your genius corn on the cob scam got you 4 points! I admire how you took all of the ridicule & mockery with elegance & grace.
Sammy Linebaugh: When I saw you in your BYU shirt & jacket I thought it would a good omen for you and the Cougars to win. So, why didn't you win? Is BYU going to lose?
By the way, St. John the Dip? Chocolate Factory huh :) ????
Kaylee: 1st off, I don't know why you didn't want to play this game, you were great. I do have to protest in my defense by saying that I'm not the loudest person in the room all the time so here is a list of people or things that are louder than I am:
1. Santa Claus
2. April Miller
3. Stampede of Elephants
4. 56 Trombones
5. A turkey when its head is being put through a grinder (Happy Thanksgiving)
6. Lisa Lampinelli (I would caution against looking her up on YouTube!)
Joel: I want to apologize for thinking that you were stupid enough to write down a terrorist attack for the description of a movie titled The Suitors :)
Michael: He actually has a new name , Mr. Tuttles of Tahiti
In case anyone was wondering tuttles of Tahiti refers to a person who lounges around frequently. Michael of course served as an instigator, prosecutor and spelling bee coach. Is it wrong that I think pus should be spelled puss. Is it wrong to think that on June 7, 1989 I celebrated my birth and that Michael's birthday is in 1964 (why didn't anyone vote for that answer?) One might wonder why I posted a picture of a walrus at the top of my blog, here is the story.
One of the words that I chose happened to be woopknacker. The definition of a woopknacker is an aggressive and loud person. I had to laugh out loud and exclaimed that everyone would probably start calling me this. Smiles and laughs were exchanged across the board but the person I noticed most was Michael. He had a smile across his face that was comparable to the smile the grinch had before he stole all the Christmas presents in Whoville. He scribbled so quickly like it was a race for his life. This is what his definition of what a woopknacker is:
Michael: One who is adept at mimicking the mating call of the walrus.
Bushy: A fan at a basketball game who appears on television more than 3 times.
Kaylee: A person who always insists on laughing the loudest.
Joel: The name used in the deep south for a pregnant slave.
Sam: A person who tells jokes to townspeople at others expense.
Its nice to know what people really think of me. By the way, my baby shower will be in a few weeks, I will be 8 months along.
Thanks you guys, lets do it again during Christmas break so that I can update my blog again.
No comments:
Post a Comment