After spending four transcendent days in Oroville, I now know what I'm thankful for during this "special " time of year.
1. A full set of teeth: I'm suprised that a dentist can survive in Oroville, who are they working on?
2. Information - this is what I learned over the week:
- Its possible to bleed inside your bones (Thanks Kaylee, I must have missed that episode of MASH!)
- In the book Twilight, Bella ends up becoming a vampire (Sorry if that ruined it for anyone
but you will see that I don't care!)
- I can no longer beat up my 6'4 300 lb brother (Guess I will have to hire a negro for that!)
(You should be happy Than!)
3. My Family: Yes, we are a compilation of lunatics & jack rolling dandies!
4. Food: There is nothing that could make a chubby girl happier thank 50 lbs of fattening , sweet, high carb and emotionally satisfying sustenance!
5. BYU sports: Even though I would like to do nothing better than bottle up leprosy and spread it all over Max Hall; Jimmer will probably never notice me and ESPN will never recognize BYU's skill until Sam Hancock starts working for them. I do love BYU sports!
All in all I had a very enjoyable visit except the time went by so quickly. I was afraid for a moment that I was going to have to spend my vacation inside a prison cell for harboring a felon. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't bother asking!)
Audrey's Dance Recital
2 years ago
6 comments:
I notice there is NO mention of barely winning nertz. It was a low moment for Mikila. We had her and Rob on their toes for most of the game. Half her game was spent in the negatives. It brought me such joy!
Pilar - I'm going to pound you after you have your kid!!! I didn't mention the game because I wanted people to think that you actually stood a chance. Rob & I didn't want to spoil the evening by winning right off the bat. haha
it would be a way better story if mikila had lost at nertz. that is why i can't play with her she won't come home for a week if she loses. who am I to make her homeless?
Mikila you know the excitement and the possibility of going to jail was the highlight of your trip. I must say that I was impressed with your ability to formulate a plan of what to do was rather impressive.
I can't belive I couldn't even get together with you. The only people I saw were the Hancocks and that was very brief. It sounds like you had loads of fun. Are you coming out for Christmas? I don't know why you don't think Oroville is wonderful! I think it's the greatest place on earth!! hahahha
OH man do I have a lot of "dental" stories for you...I had to laugh at this. My dad once had a guy that was wanted by the cops (for trying to shoot his wife) and he actually was going to attempt to make his appt. The cops came to warn us, and the whole office had to act like nothing was going on, to lure him in, while the cops waited across the street at 7-11! anyway, the guys' teeth were nasty and he ended up getting ALL of them pulled anyway! (full mouth dentures!) My poor dad, having to look in that mouth. Now it's one of our jokes...only in Oroville! (I love it just the same though)
Hey, I think we should ALL play nertz over Christmas! Snac, at your house. (And be kind to those that just like to play for FUN)
Post a Comment