Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another Hero I Will Add To My List






I love this Maxine character! This is what I will be like in 30 years and I couldn't be prouder of myself if I could reach this level of intimidating sarcasm! I think that I will put one of these awesome quotes up once in a while since they please me.

Not a lot has been going on so I thought since Angelee never does memory Monday anymore that I would take over this one time (Hope this doesn't offend you Pilar.)

Since I'm stealing this tradition I thought I would honor Angelee by sharing an experience that I had with her in high school. One day Angelee and I decided to hang out with each other after school. We went to Angelee's home and found out that a bunch of the guys were going to go to the church to hang out and rollerblade, this sounded fun to us. The problem was Ben. He wouldn't take us and neither one of us had a driver's license so we were upset. Angelee decided it would be a good idea to hide in the car under a blanket unbeknowst to Ben. We climbed in the car and covered ourselves thinking that we were so sly but after several minutes we realized that Ben wasn't going to the church first and so signs of suffocation and heat stroke began. I thought that I was going to die!!! The funny thing is, we both knew if Ben caught us before he got to the church he would have straight up pitched us out of his car and so we waited. I am surprised that we didn't get caught because its not like we didn't take up a considerable amount of space and I know the blanket wasn't that large. The other trigger was listening to Angelee rattle off something funny that made me want to laugh such as, "we are going to die Mikila!" "I better start writing my will, can you see a pen or pencil anywhere?" "Mikila, I'm sorry that I told Than that you had a crush on him, please forgive me!" Ben probably did hear all of this but could have possibly have been amused so he said nothing. Finally we got to the church but Angelee and I were too scared to get out of the car so we waited a little while longer until we heard some screams. Correct me anyone if I'm wrong but I think that it was Jed Hancock that hurt himself but I just remember some blood and a gashed open arm. We decided to jump out to look at the commotion. I just remember Angelee trying to tell Ben that we had walked there from her house. Good times!

The other funny story that I thought about was with the Hughes. I don't know what it is about toilet papering a house that makes me feel so exhilarated & accomplished but I used to love it (and probably still do but I am now too chubby to do an adequate job and still run away fast enough!) So one evening I was spending the night with Carrie and Anika and I wanted to go toilet papering and so I talked them into doing the Reynolds house. For some reason I was feeling extra mischievous and so we not only took toilet paper but we also brought maxi pads, tampons and ketchup. We did our dastardly deed, the place looked like a high school girls bathroom by the time we were finished. That was fun but here is the funny part. Everyone hopefully can remember that the Reynolds gate is fairly large and tall, its also locked up at night. For some reason we had no problem getting over the fence to get in but had a lot of issues getting out. I remember Carrie and I getting over without too many problems but Anika got caught on the fence, I think she ripped her shirt so Carrie and I were laughing pretty loudly. Anika started to get worried because Carrie and I were not helping her after she asked us to and so she started yelling. All of a sudden the lights came on, Carrie and I start to run and Anika finally got herself over before Reuben came out screaming like a half crazed lunatic. Good thing he didn't catch us because he started yelling about if he caught us he would get his rifle out and shoot us! So out of spite and amusement we showed up the next day and papered their house again without getting shot at :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, t-ping was the best! Awesome that you guys went back the next night!;)

Big Mama said...

Mikila, it's not funny to make a girl that has been pregnant 4 times laugh so hard. HAHAha! I feel so bad though, because I don't remember a lot of high school. At one point I tried to forget a lot of it, but now I wish I remembered... even the bad experiences.

Anonymous said...

Mikila...I don't even know how to do blog links. All of those names that are at the side were put there by someone else. I can barely figure out how to do the stinkin blog. Erica had to spend about two hours on the phone with me talking me through how to put the pictures on.