Monday, February 9, 2009

Its been too long














Well there aren't really that many excuses for me waiting so long to post but I will tell you two reasons. First is that I work as many hours as 3 Mexicans. The other reason is that I am addicted to FACEBOOK now. I don't know what I love more about it, the lack of pressure in having to write a clever little speech or the sheer joy I feel when I can reject someone after they have tried to add me as a friend. Anyway, I will try to be a little more balanced out.



First Event: Carrie's Wedding



I am happy that Carrie got married but unfortunately I had to work instead of attend her wedding. Angelee flew in town for the wedding which was fun. I just have to say that she and I are the only ones that aren't party poopers! On Friday night Angelee, Than, Erica, Dan, LaNell and I went out to dinner. I am going to complain about not getting any dinner until 9 pm and when I ended up eating the setting felt like I was an extra in My Big Fat Greek Wedding (never the less it was fun!) Not only was there no Dr. Pepper there but I also thought that the workers were going to bring out 2 chickens so that we could watch them fight. So the hour was getting late but I wanted to hang out with Angelee some more and so we decided to meet up at Erica's house. The hilarious part about this was that it only ended up Angelee and I watching American Idol. Erica being the perfect hostess fell asleep so we took a pic (it didn't turn out that well otherwise I would have posted it.) LaNell didn't come because she secretly wanted to beat everyone 's Wii scores but tried to tell us that she was tired. Good times though. I patted Angelee's little belly and gave a pep talk to Princess Chuck about the cruel people in this world that are no doubt going to make fun of her. Thanks for being a good sport Pilar!



Nellers got a Wii



I have mixed emotions about the Wii. I do like a lot of the games on it and I also like watching people do the games because 98% of the time they look like complete idiots. Draw backs of the Wii include: LaNell trying to get me on it and then taping me looking like an idiot!! Second problem is that this Wii time everone wants interrupts my TV watching time which is important. The third problem is that Samarella and Cinderella go head to head like a bunch wild hyenas. They try to beat each others score and so one way or the other I have to listen to someone cry because they are only second best.


True Blue???

Than, if you ever tell me I am not true blue again, I will cut you!


Popular

I very much regret not having the camera available during the car ride to Sandy but hopefully I can paint a vivid enough picture for you so that it will be just as funny. Last night LaNell's aunt invited LaNell, Katie, Dan, Sam and myself over to her house for dinner. We saw no point in taking 2 vehicles and so all 5 of us decided to pack ourselves into LaNell's car. Now, the only reason why I can say this is because my statement applies to me; there are some of us that take up more room than others. So taking everyone body mass index into account I would say that there were 8 people in a 5 passenger vehicle! Since everyone was packed in we decided to sing some songs (great idea since out of the 5 of us only one person could make it into a choir, that is Katie.) Between songs Sam delighted us with quotes from Pride and Prejudice. I have to say that Sam has a variety of voices that he can do proficiently, I was very impressed. I almost peed my pants (that would have been fun.) On the way home, we decided to put in the soundtrack Wicked. I just have to say that the experience was one that I won't forget for a while! I think every one's favorite song was Popular which was sang with much exuberance!

The Queen Cookie Maker

I hope that Annette or Jana don't take offense to this remark but LaNell is the queen cookie maker! I have definitely eaten great cookies before (believe me, I have had my fair share plus some!) but I am convinced that LaNell has something she puts into her batter that makes me coming back for more. She has recently tried a new recipe. I don't know what happened, I'm pretty sure that the cookies were eaten by a pack of ravenous wolves because they were gone in 2 days. Thanks for helping me keep my slender figure LaNell!



3 comments:

Angelee said...

Could I look any worse?

jana said...

no wonder I haven't seen you lately - I thought you were just busy playing that Wii but it looks like you've been busy with Facebook. I love the pictures and word games on there - soo fun. KIT

Mishie Moo said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only person who's been out of the loop. I need to come visit you gals. Hey, you should come to our ward activity on Monday night. We're going tubing at Soldier's Hollow and it will be free.