Friday, March 13, 2009

LaNell Will Be the Doom of Me!!!!

I apologize for any inconvenience my lack of writing may have caused to my faithful followers but I have been on death's door most of the week and couldn't find the strength to put my brackets up for the Mountain West Conference Tournament. One of the reasons why I couldn't write was because I had the stomach flu. I shouldn't complain that I had it, it should be any chubby girls wish to lose 15 pounds in 3 days but when you are surrounded by skinny people that constantly make fun of you, video tape you and laugh when you are heaving your guts out recovery isn't very cheerful. Here is a friendly tip for those that are unaware; never go to your friends' home and throw up all over there bathroom. Yes, it is a sad tale when you are invited over to Than & Erica's for a lovely meal and then thank them for it by upchucking and contaminating their entire family! I do have to say that I was taken back when I heard a knock on the bathroom door and heard Than say, "Mikila, are you ok, let me come in there and clean it up." Than, that was very kind, thank you! Along with the kind words of Than I can also recall encouraging words from LaNell like, "you aren't even sick ..... I'm going to call your boss and tell her that you just want to stay home and watch the BYU game ..... you better not get me sick, I have a hot date Friday night ........ you and Sam have been monopolizing the TV the entire day...... Why do you think that Dwyane Wade is so hot, you two should have a kid and call it Tuffy Jimmer Wade .... you should be feeling better now since your eating ice cream!" I also had to hear about LaNell's ailments all night even though I was the one that was not feeling well
"my knees are hurting ..... I'm so tired .... can I have the remote, I don't want to watch basketball all night!" Well needless to say it turned out into an amusing night and for the most part,I have to admit that at one point I was rolling on the floor with laughter so I guess that means The Brownie Monster did say a couple of funny things. I had a good day except when I had to endure TCU losing to Utah, the stupid idiots! Which brings me to my next picture.


Bless my roommates soul, she isn't a sports fan at all and is a Ute graduate. Katie said 2 fairly humorous comments last night. The first was when I was making fun of ugly face (Nevill)and Katie said, "Are you saying that if he asked you out you would say no Mikila?" Sam, LaNell and I just looked at her for a minute in amazement and then I finally found some words which included, " I hate the Utes!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Who would even consider asking me that, I wouldn't even care if the huge ugly Australian was the most gorgeous man on the earth and was madly in love with me, he should have chose a different school!" The other funny thing that my roommate asked was, "does March Madness last one day?" If LaNell wouldn't have been there I would have told her yes. I am impressed she knew that there was such a thing as March Madness. This is an exciting month and with BYU in the Big Dance I am going to have to agree with Jana and say that my eyes will be glued to the television (maybe I will have to get the stomach flu again!) Hopefully LaNell will share the remote with me! I will be posting my brackets for the tournament up on my blog, I hope that others will do the same.



1 comment:

Than and Erica said...

I vouch for mikila. when I walked upstairs I thought she was going to die in my bathroom. Than is really good about cleaning up puke. I'm one of those people that somehow can never make it to the bathroom. I"m glad you're feeling better.