On Sunday we had Jana & Ben over for dinner. There is no picture of this event because I hate to memorex grown ups crying :)! After dinner we decided to play nertz (yes this happened by coercion on my part!). I did promise to not yell so I was hoping to get Ben as my partner (it seems like its a little harder to yell at him because he is fun to be around.) When I got LaNell I wasn't a bundle of fireworks excited to light up and entertain everyone. I want to make a public apology to you LaNell for not trusting in you. I'm not going to say that we beat them, we slaughtered, conquered and defeated them. The first game was 100 to 12. The second game was a little more evened up but we won by 40 some odd points. I was extremely happy!!!
The next pic is of LaNell and I at a basketball game. Its not just any basketball game, it is a high school basketball game. Lone Peak vs. Pleasant Grove. For those that don't know BYU is recruiting 2 players from Lone Peak High, Tyler Haws and Nate Austin. The game was incredibly fun and I enjoyed getting a sneak preview of what BYU is going to get. Tyler Haws is an incredible basketball player, he is the go to guy. Nate Austin is 6'11 and a great blocker but he needs to beef up and work on his shooting. LaNell and I had a couple of laughs, we forgot what it was like to be at a high school game. The game was really intense and Lone Peak ended up winning by 6 points.
Last story. LaNell will have to post a picture of her new television. Its a 32' Emerson, very nice. Here is the funny part. 32 inches is not small so you would think that I would notice it right away but I happen to be mentally retarded. I was watching the BYU basketball game on Saturday. BYU lost by 19 (yes count them up) points!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so mad that I left after the game to burn some steam off. I ran out of things to do so I ended up coming home. Dan & LaNell were waiting for my excited reaction but instead they got nothing less than a look that suggested (if you even talk to me, I will give you a verbal thrashing!) So I went into the kitchen and drowned my sorrows in my choice beverage. After about 20 minutes I walked back into the living room and realized that there was a new TV there. Good thing LaNell got a new TV because I wasn't seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I think LaNell was wondering when I was going to notice. I love the TV, its very nice but the great thing about it is that there is a remote that works (this is something important in a chubby girls life!)
5 comments:
You forgot to mention that we beat jana and ben while I was holding cali! I can't believe you did not trust me. Oh, and that you verbally abused me a number of times before you noticed the TV:)
Your skills cease to amaze me LaNell! We did win while LaNell was holding Cali, I forgot that part. As to the verbal abuse, nobody would ever believe that I would act that way towards anyone :)Thats the beauty of a blog, the person can tell their version of the story.:)
a new rendition of earplugs huh?
I hope you don't mind me reading your blog... I linked on to it from Jana's. I just have to tell you - you're hilarious, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You need your own newspaper column. Thanks for giving me a good laugh. -Jamie
Post a Comment