Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fun Times in the Ville

This is why I love Oroville. I can't imagine what Carrie's in laws thought as the "Carrieokey" group proceeded to give their rendition of I Am A Believer. Luckily they aren't jerks like I am and so they thought the musical presentation was wonderful. I have seen enough of these to appreciate that I grew up in the ghetto but thinking upon these monstrosities has made me wonder if we don't all belong in the crazy house.
Happy Day for Carrie! Carrie's wedding reception turned out nicely and the cultural hall looked great. I did try to pay Angelee off to go grab the ribbon around Carrie's waist and wrap it around her head, I guess my offer wasn't enticing enough.


How cute is this! The sole purpose of this picture was to show how healthy Princess Chuck is! The other day Maree suggested another name that I like very much, Chucky Rose. I kind of feel bad for this poor child, she is going to have a brother that hates her and everyone will make fun of her, I hope this girl is going to be a lot tougher than her mother. Pilar, you might want to invest in a pair of numb chucks for her.
I have had a nice visit with some old friends including the Draper family. I have a lot of fond memories with their family and enjoy catching up with them. Everyone knows I usually don't like kids but I must admit that Mia's kids are very cute. It was great to see you guys!
There are several things wrong with this picture! The first thing is the fact that I had to put a diaper and clothing on this giantess kid. I happened to be racing against Audrey Bruce who has changed thousands of diapers and put who knows how many clothes on children, it was completely ridiculous but I guess everyone got a good laugh out of watching me put a diaper on a kid while I was blind folded. The second thing wrong with this is this stupid doll. Apparently the doll is sacred because Angelee brought it straight from Brazil, there wasn't enough room in her suitcases for the doll and so the 20 year old attached the doll to the outside of the suicase. Nice work Pilar!
This event was probably the highlight of my trip! Look carefully at the crumpled piece of paper. Its probably not a good idea for Michael, Angelee and I to play nertz together due to Maree telling us that she could hear us at the edge of the universe. So anyway, we decided to play cards at Maree's home; tempers raged, hands were slapped, (yes, Angelee slapped Michael's hand at least 4 times!) cards were dashed (this is where there are blanks on the page.) It does say that Michael won both games but it also states that he cheated twice and so everyone can make their own observations.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is off subject, but your hair looks super cute!;) Glad you had a good time in O/town!

Angelee said...

I think it's a good time to mention that I only dealt myself 10 cards that whole Nertz game...and still was the biggest loser. Oh well.
Was the sole purpose of your trip to come out and make fun of me? :) It was nice to see you.

LaNell Brown said...

Mikila I want to switch things up when I get married will you sing solo for my reception. I wish I had been at the baby shower then we would have video to post so everyone could enjoy you putting on a diaper and clothes blindfolded:)

Anonymous said...

aww! it was great to see you, too! :) and i must say you should really know how much my kids like you, too, when logan wants to give you some flowers that he picked ;) love ya!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Oh my, what is Angelee's Brazilian baby doll doing in this picture? I have about 8 blackmail pix she sent me from Brazil, talking about the baby as if it were real..."we were so poor, we couldn't buy diapers for her, so she had to use a plastic bag"...I was, and still am, kind of confused about it. Love you Snac!

PS-wasn't her name Raquel?!?