Everyone knows this term and I didn't know until last night that Erica Hancock and I were both blind (its amazing that we have been able to cover the secret up for so long!) This is what Than said about us when Erica told him that she was teaching me how to play bridge.
I'm on here to demand an explanation! Am I really that slow in picking up how to play games or is Than just jealous that both Erica and I could demolish him in a game of nertz?
Despite the verbal bashing I received I enjoyed myself immensely. Erica is one of the few people that will play nertz with me and so we played two rounds. It was only supposed to be one round but Erica thought it was just luck that I won the first time so I had to demonstrate my cat like speed and reflexes to her a second time :) . Its ok Erica, you should feel privileged that I will even play with you, I have been told that I'm a nertz snob :) !!
After that she showed me how to play bridge. Researching the game I've realized that it is an old rich lady game, kind of funny. I love playing it, even though I am horrible at math and poor Erica had to be patient with me. The funny thing about this is the fact that at certain times its appropriate to use the term ( lets be honest, I can't even remember now even though I wrote it down.) Instead I conjured up let her ride and kept saying that even though Erica told me the proper term over and over again. It was a joke by the end of the night, but my bloody heck, its seriously bugging me that I still can't remember the proper term.
Thanks for being patient with the mentally retarded + blind girl Erica, I enjoyed myself and I think you are a great teacher! :)

6 comments:
Mikila, your blog posts make my day :)
Mikila,
You proced my point perfectly by calling it bridge...TWICE!! it is Cribbage or "crib" for short. Why don't you come over on Sunday and I will give you a nice little lesson in how to play a real mans card game!
BTW the phrase is, "it's a go" not "let her ride".
I do appreciate you keeping my wife company.
Mikila please do not listen to Than as I am the real master of crib. You can ask him about the beatdown I put on him just a few weeks ago back in California.
I love nothing more than to see a Hancock fued on my comment board!
Than, I know its cribbage, I just didn't remember until after I had posted. Thanks for offering to condescend down to my level on Sunday.
I don't know why you think you can sound all high and mighty when your getting thrashed by your younger brother :)
i'm glad that name was all cleared up.
okay my word verification word is funcarde---like fun card game!
hey and I almost won that second game of nertz!!!
Post a Comment